By: Leslie Barrows
Share This Post
Important considerations before marriage
This is The Barrows Firm Law Review, a monthly Internet radio show podcast featuring information about Texas family law and events that affect families and the community of attorneys and professionals who serve them. Today we are focused on important considerations before marriage.
How do you know you want the same things in life?
- Do you want children, and how many?
- Are there any major marriage deal breakers?
- Where do you plan to live and work?
Work-related and financial considerations
- Debts and incomes of each person
- Premarital agreement options
- Keeping or changing names
Blending families with diverse backgrounds
- What if it is your second or third marriage?
- How much should others influence you?
- Do you have outstanding family obligations?
Do you both want the same dream home?
- Is it in the city, suburbs or country?
- Should the mattress be strong or firm?
- What about cats, dogs and TVs in the bedroom?
Leslie Barrows is the principal founder of The Barrows Firm in Southlake, Texas. In her firm’s main practice areas of family law and juvenile law, Leslie is consistently challenged with dynamic cases and clients. When winning is what matters, people trust Leslie Barrows based on her reputation and winning track record over the past decade. Leslie earned her undergraduate degree from Sam Houston State University and she earned her law degree from the Oklahoma City University School of Law. She is a member of numerous organizations primarily focused in Tarrant County.
For more information at (817) 481-1583 for The Barrows Firm in Southlake, Texas, not far from the Southlake Town Square.
You can follow The Barrows Firm on social media and find important articles and resources about Texas law and how it may affect you or your family. The Barrows Firm is on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. To read client endorsements and reviews of Attorney, Leslie Barrows, please visit her Avvo.com profile.