By: Leslie Barrows
Share This Post
Challenges to overcome in divorce
This is The Barrows Firm Law Review, a monthly Internet radio show podcast featuring information about Texas family law and events that affect families and the community of attorneys and professionals who serve them. Today we are focused on identifying challenges to overcome in divorce.
The sooner we identify challenges, the quicker we can work towards overcoming them.
- Your spouse wants out of the marriage and you cannot stop them
- Divorce could be inevitable and have nothing to do with you personally
- Life factors such as career opportunities can affect your marriage
- People change, and so do their mental, physical and other abilities
- The children are going to be okay, but you may experience grief
- We must be patient and remind children they are loved
- While you may blame yourself, your children will likely not
- Being careful not to treat your children like victims
- Adjusting to different finances after divorce can require adjustment
- You may not have the discretionary freedom in spending after divorce
- Divorce may open the door to different career opportunities
- Budget cuts are not always bad and can lead to new adventures
- You fear you will not trust and will second guess future relationships
- Learning to find love again gets easier as pain from loss subsides
- Being careful not to hunt for the faults of your ex in new people
- Healthy child development and introducing new relationships
Leslie Barrows is the principal founder of The Barrows Firm in Southlake, Texas. In her firm’s main practice areas of family law and juvenile law, Leslie is consistently challenged with dynamic cases and clients. When winning is what matters, people trust Leslie Barrows based on her reputation and winning track record over the past decade. Leslie earned her undergraduate degree from Sam Houston State University and she earned her law degree from the Oklahoma City University School of Law. She is a member of numerous organizations primarily focused in Tarrant County.
For more information at (817) 481-1583 for The Barrows Firm in Southlake, Texas, not far from the Southlake Town Square.
You can follow The Barrows Firm on social media and find important articles and resources about Texas law and how it may affect you or your family. The Barrows Firm is on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. To read client endorsements and reviews of Attorney, Leslie Barrows, please visit her Avvo.com profile.